This section contains resources and supporting material for the OSPO Alliance, sorted by type.
- OSPO Stories
- Tools and Methods for OSPOs
- Best Practices
- More about the Good Governance Initiative
- Other curated resources
Discover how others are doing with their OSPOs, from large organisations to the public sector.
- “A Vision of FOSS @Mercedes-Benz” by Wolfgang Gehring — FOSS ambassador and OSPO Leader (Mercedes-Benz Tech Innovation). Talk given in May 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “Return of experience on Open Source Software & Hardware governance in Thales” by Sébastien Lejeune — OSS Community manager (Thales Group). Talk given in April 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “Paris Open Source — The City’s commitment to Open Source and roadmap” by Philippe Bareilles — Open Source Program Officer (City of Paris). Talk given in March 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “MAIF: a singular open-source strategy” by Frédéric Pied and François Desmier (MAIF). Talk given in October 2022 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “Setting up an OSPO at a power utility” by Lucian Balea (RTE). Talk given in June 2022 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “The SAP OSPO” by Michael Picht (SAP). Talk given in December 2021 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “OSPO in the Academic World” by Anne-Marie Scott — Board Chair, Apereo Foundation. Talk given in October 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
Tools and Methods for OSPOs
- “Introduction to the Governance game (to start the discussion about OSPOs)” by Jan Ainali — Codebase Steward (Foundation for Public Code). Talk given in June 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “Hermine project: Open source code and data for legal compliance” by Camille Moulin and Benjamin Jean (InnoCube). Talk given in September 2022 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “How to facilitate Open Source software licensing and get it right?” by Carsten Emde (OSADL). Talk given in February 2022 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “FSFE’s Legal Network and its Legal and Licensing Workshop (LLW)” by Gabriel Ku Wei Bin — Legal Coordinator (FSFE). Talk given in February 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
Metrics, Security, … topics of high interest to OSPOs
- “Establishing metrics early as an integral part of your OSPO first steps” by Daniel Izquierdo (Bitergia). Talk given in March 2022 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “Open Source Software Supply Chain Security — Why does it matter?” by Mikael Barbero - Head of security - (Eclipse Foundation). Talk given in January 2023 as part of the OnRamp session series.
- “Manage Log4Shell and other open-source vulnerabilities with Eclipse Steady” by Henrik Plate (SAP Security Research). Talk given in January 2022 as part of the OnRamp session series.
More about the Good Governance Initiative
- What’s new in version 1.2 of the Good Governance Initiative? (starts at 8'20"). Downlad slides.
- GGI - Official presentation slidedeck - Last updated 2022-12 - 22 slides
- GGI - An OSPO implementation blueprint - Last updated 2021-11 - 32 slides
- GGI - OSS governance with a European perspective - last updated 2021-02 - 15 slides
More presentations & videos
- EclipseCon Europe 2022 Practical wisdom to build your OSPO: The Good Governance Initiative (42 min) - Download slides
- OW2Con 2022 [Roundtable] Open Source Program Offices and the Good Governance Initiative (GGI)
- FOSDEM 2021 (5 min)
- BlueHats Workshop 2021 (1 hour, French)
- Rete Italiana Open Source Week 2021 (23 min)
Other curated resources
This section lists relevant resources submitted by our members.
- A collection of best practices to make a codebase ready for collaboration, provided by the Foundation for Public Code: https://standard.publiccode.net/
- A paper published by OpenForumEurope at the Digital Assembly, an event co-hosted by the French Government and the European Commission, on the 20th of June 2022:
- The OSPO: A New Tool for Digital Government (CC-BY-SA).
- A series of articles about SAP’s corporate OSPO, by Michael Picht: